Summer porch decor is all about bringing the outdoors in and creating a space that is relaxing and inviting. Whether you have a large porch or a small balcony, there are plenty of ways to transform it into a summer oasis. We are sharing our favorite past Summer porch decor ideas with you along with some new inspo!
image via Tiffany Leigh Design
Beautiful Summer Porch Decor Ideas
If you have the space, start with seating. Comfortable chairs or a cozy couch are essential for lounging and enjoying the warm weather. You should loook for pieces made from materials that can withstand the elements, such as wicker or metal.
image via Victoria Magazine
photo via Willow Bloom Home Blog
Next, add some greenery. Plants not only add visual interest, but they also help purify the air and create a calming atmosphere. Consider adding potted plants, hanging baskets, or even a vertical garden.
image via Bria Hammel Interiors
Choose a Color Scheme
To create a cohesive look, choose a color scheme. Summer is the perfect time to embrace bright and bold hues, but don't be afraid to mix and match. For example, pairing yellow and blue creates a cheerful and relaxing vibe.
These front porches definitely have the pink vibes down!
phoot via Shelterness
image via House of Jace
photo via Treasures on Maple
image via Simply Painted White
Summer Porch Decor Accessories
Accessorize with outdoor-friendly decor. String lights, lanterns, and candles add ambiance and can be used to create a cozy atmosphere in the evening. Outdoor rugs and pillows also add a pop of color and comfort. I love layering a rug with a pop of color or print under a more functional doormat. If you're looking for front porch doormat ideas for Summer, check out this post!
photo via Shelterness
image via Shelterness
photo via Clean and Scentsible
image via Shelterness
Seasonal Summer Porch Decor Ideas
Don't forget about seasonal decor. Try swapping out your winter wreath for a summer version, and add some beach-inspired accents such as seashells or driftwood. I have a few favorite wreaths you can use year round. Check out that post here! I like to decorate for Memorial Day in May and then use the same decor for the 4th of July. Check out our post on 4th of July decor here!
photo via Shannon Gold Design
image via The Highland Home
photo via MK Interiors
image via Kirklands
10 Summer Porch Decor Schemes
- Add some greenery: Plants are a great way to bring life to your porch. Consider adding large potted plants with flowers for pops of color. Some great plant options for summer include succulents, herbs, and flowers like petunias or geraniums
- Cozy seating: Comfortable seating is a must for any porch. Consider adding a porch swing for a statement piece, a rocking chair, or some cozy outdoor cushions to make your porch feel like an extension of your home. You can also add an outdoor rug to tie the seating area together.
- Bright colors: Summer is all about vibrant colors, so don't be afraid to incorporate them into your porch decor. Add colorful throw pillows, a bright area rug, or even a colorful piece of wall art to bring some fun and energy to your space.
- Lighting: Lighting is important for creating ambiance on your porch. Consider adding string lights, lanterns, or even a chandelier to create a warm and inviting glow. You can also add candles or flameless candles for a cozy touch.
- Beachy vibes: If you love the beach, why not bring some beachy vibes to your porch? Incorporate seashells, starfish, or other beachy decor into your space. You can also add a nautical-inspired color scheme with blues, whites, and natural textures like rope and driftwood.
- Outdoor dining: If you love to entertain, consider adding an outdoor dining area to your porch. A small bistro table and chairs or a larger dining table can create a great space for hosting summer dinners with friends and family.
- Privacy: If you want to create a more private space on your porch, consider adding some outdoor curtains or a privacy screen. This will not only give you some privacy, but it can also add a cozy and intimate feel to your porch.
- DIY projects: If you're feeling crafty, consider adding some DIY projects to your porch decor. You can make your own outdoor wall art, create a DIY planter box, or even make your own outdoor pillows. Not only will this add a personal touch to your space, but it can also be a fun summer project.
- Water features: If you want to create a calming and relaxing atmosphere on your porch, consider adding a water feature. A small fountain or bird bath can create a soothing sound and add a touch of nature to your space.
- Outdoor accessories: Finally, don't forget about the little details that can make a big impact on your porch. Consider adding outdoor lanterns, colorful wind chimes, or even a fun welcome mat to create a welcoming and inviting space.
Shop Summer Patio Decor
Click any image below to shop!
photo via Nearly Natural
image via Faith, Football and Fairytales
photo via Perfecting Places
image via Interior Inspo
photo via Nicolettes for the Home
Other Posts You Might Like
Front Porch Doormat Ideas for Spring // DIY Privacy Fence // Small Patio Decor Ideas
Pin This For Later
Overall, creating a summer porch that is both functional and stylish is easy with a few key elements. Choose comfortable seating, add some greenery, pick a color scheme, accessorize with outdoor-friendly decor, and add some seasonal touches. With these tips, you'll be able to enjoy your summer porch all season long. Please let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment below, or feel free to DM me on Instagram!